Summary: Husted and Melvin are widely praised for this accessible introduction to international economics. They use real data and issues to motivate the theoretical discussions, so that students leave the course with a practical understanding of major policy questions.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 07
New To This Edition
- Economic theory is developed within an intuitive framework, helping students build their understanding of a core set of co ...show morencepts rather than memorizing a disparate array of theories and models.
- Extensive use of real data ties the economic theory to events occurring in the real world.
- Policy case studies highlight the latest policy debates, such as the outcomes of trade agreements.
- Emphasis on business applications of international trade and finance theories enhances the practical nature of the course.
- Level is accessible to students who have taken principles of economics, majors or non-majors alike. Advanced mathematics and extensions are available in the appendixes.
- New coverage of the latest work on outsourcing and the effects of free trade
- Expanded discussion of intellectual property protection, including global perspectives on the topic
- A brief, accessible introduction to gravity models
- A new look at the issues surrounding the current and proposed enlargement of the European Union
- The most recent coverage of NAFTA, including outcomes that have emerged in recent years
- New case studies on the latest trade policy debates, an excellent catalyst for classroom discussion
- Refocused treatment of Chapters 12 and 13, underscoring how the balance of payments and foreign exchange rates present different views on the same topic
- Heavily revised Chapter 12, now focusing entirely on balance of payments; and reorganized Chapter 13, focusing on fixed exchange rates
- Expanded coverage of the current account deficit and domestic currency depreciation
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of International Economics: