Summary: Distinctively accessible in organization and style, International Law offers an adroit selection of excerpted cases and documents, as well as notes, questions, and problems. Interdisciplinary materials introduce a variety of perspectives, such as economics and international relations theory. International Law is an effective blend of current issues and thinking alongside traditional theories and concepts.
Thoroughly revised and updated, the Sixth Edition a ...show moreddresses major developments in international law and new issues and challenges arising from developments in the U.N., U.S., NATO, and other countries with respect to Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea.
A leading casebook in its field, International Law also features:
* an effective overview of international law that lays the groundwork for the topics that follow
The Sixth Edition brings timely coverage and analysis of developing law:
* the U.N., NATO, and EU military intervention to protect civilians in Libya
* new developments with respect to Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, and Pakistan
* international efforts to address global climate change and other international environmental matters
* updates to U.S. counter-terrorism policies regarding detention, torture, and rendition, including Boumediene v. Bush
* other recent Supreme Court decisions in Medellin v. Texas (treaties), Samantar v. Yousef (foreign official immunity), and Morrison v. Nat'l Australia Bank (extraterritorial jurisdiction)
* revised European Union sections reflecting passage of the Lisbon Treaty
* important decisions by international courts such as Schalk and Kopf v. Austria, the major European Court of Human Rights decision on same-sex marriage