Summary: This text covers the full range of topics in international money and finance, giving solid attention to 3 key areas - international finance, open-economy macroeconomics, and international money and banking. It consistently connects theory to real-world policy and business applications (and strikes a balance between business relevance and policy relevance), demonstrating to students the contemporary applications that can be explored, and that international monetary an ...show mored financial economics is a dynamic and interesting subject area that has become of great importance for international affairs and business.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 02
- NEW! New Focus: There is more emphasis on open-macro and aggregate market-wide financial issues in this edition; global money and banking coverage has been consolidated somewhat by combining coverage of international banking & payment systems and the role of central banks (formerly 2 separate chapters) into a single chapter, Chapter 7 "International Bankruptcy and the Role of Central Banks."
- NEW! More Theory: The theoretical level of this edition has been enhanced.
- NEW! New Chapter: A new chapter 15 includes coverage of the latest topics in international institutions/financial architecture, such as the international balance of payments crisis, speculative attack models of currency crisis, contagion, optimal currency areas, and foreign currency regimes.
- NEW! Updated Applications: "Notebook" features have been extensively updated this edition, and include more empirical information as well as many of the most recent contemporary financial issues.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Thoroughly covers the full range of international money and finance topics, including international finance, international money and banking and open-economy macroeconomics, illustrating how all three areas help us understand the world economic and financial system.
- Emphasizes Application: Integrates policy-making and policy options throughout the text, as well as high-interest, real-world business applications to acquaint students with the variety of international financial issues faced by policy-makers and managers through "Policy Notebook" features and "Management Notebook" features in each chapter.
- Internet Activities: Internet features include "On the Web" margin URLs as well as end-of-chapter "On-Line Application" Internet exercises to acquaint students with the wealth of international money and finance resources on the World Wide Web. On-Line Applications have been revised to be more suitable for group discussion and debates.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2002