Summary: With practical guidance for effective interactions with clients, colleagues, and families, Interpersonal Relationships: Professional Communication Skills for Nurses, 5th Edition, is the definitive source on communication skills for nurses. The book combines proven communication strategies and nursing principles with psychology and related theoretical frameworks. Plus, the text includes numerous experiential exercises to critically evaluate their communication skills as
Summary: With practical guidance for effective interactions with clients, colleagues, and families, Interpersonal Relationships: Professional Communication Skills for Nurses, 5th Edition, is the definitive source on communication skills for nurses. The book combines proven communication strategies and nursing principles with psychology and related theoretical frameworks. Plus, the text includes numerous experiential exercises to critically evaluate their communication skills as well as those of others. ...show less
Part I. Conceptual Foundations of Nurse-Client Relationships
1. Theoretical Perspectives and Contemporary Issues 2. Professional Guides to Action in Interpersonal Relationships 3. Clinical Judgment: Applying Critical Thinking and Ethical Decision Making 4. Self-Concept in the Nurse-Client Relationship
Part II. The Nurse-Client Relationship
5. Structuring the Relationship 6. Bridges and Barriers in the Therapeutic Relationship 7. Role Relationship Patterns 8. Life's Losses and Endings and the Nurse-Client Relationship
Part III. Therapeutic Communication
9. Communication Styles 10. Developing Therapeutic Communication Skills in the Nurse-Client Relationship 11. Intercultural Communication 12. Communicating in Groups 13. Communicating with Families 14. Resolving Conflict Between Nurse and Client 15. Health Promotion and Client Learning Needs 16. Health Teaching in the Nurse-Client Relationship
Part IV. Responding to Special Needs
17. Communicating with Clients Experiencing Communication Deficits 18. Communicating with Children 19. Communicating with Older Adults 20. Communicating with Clients in Stressful Situations 21. Communicating with Clients in Crisis
Part V. Professional Issues
22. Communicating with Other Health Professionals 23. Documentation in the Age of the Electronic Health Record'
24. Communicating in the Age of eHealth Technology'
1416029133 New and in great condition with no missing or damaged pages. Need it urgently? Upgrade to Expedited. In stock and we ship daily on weekdays & Saturdays.
$50.00 +$3.99 s/h
bluehouse acton, MA
$50.00 +$3.99 s/h
bluehouse acton, MA
$86.18 +$3.99 s/h
bargainforce Chicago, IL
No comments from the seller
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.