Summary: The #1 IV drug handbook for 38 years, Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals is trusted for its accuracy and comprehensive coverage. It provides essential data on administering more than 350 intravenous drugs, with a portable size for convenience in any clinical setting. This edition includes entries for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA and hundreds of new drug facts. With an alphabetical organization and a detailed appendix of generic ...show more and trade names plus pharmacologic actions, this reference makes it easy to find drug information quickly. Edition/Copyright: 28TH 12
- Provides comprehensive information for each drug including its generic name (with a phonetic pronunciation guide), common trade name(s), drug category, pH, dosages and dose adjustments, dilution, compatibilities and incompatibilities, rate of administration, actions, indications and uses (including unlabeled uses), contraindications, precautions, drug/lab interactions, side effects, and antidote.
- Lists IV drugs alphabetically by generic name with indexes of drugs by generic name, trade name, and drug category for quick clinical reference.
- Includes a Black Box Warning icon next to Precautions headings to alert you to drugs that carry an FDA black box warning.
- Highlights age-specific dose variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients in separate sections.
- Lists all side effects, compatibilities, and incompatibilities in alphabetical order for quick review.
- Presents General Dilution Charts and a Solution Compatibility Chart inside the front and back covers for fast, easy reference.
- Displays dosing information on a single page or a two-page spread.
- Includes over 100 charts detailing dosing and dilution guidelines, recommended dose modifications, combination schedules, infusion rates, and more ...show less
Publisher: Elsevier Science