This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Introduction to Botany's comprehensive coverage captures students' attention and teaches them why plants are a fascinating and essential part of their everyday lives. The clear, concise text highlights four major themes--plants and people, conservation biology, evolution, and biotechnology--and gives students practical and relevant information about the world of botany. Thematic boxes throughout each chapter dig deeper into the relationship between plants and student ...show mores' lives.Edition/Copyright: 04
Nabors' clear and engaging writing style keeps students interested in the science without ever becoming encyclopedic. The Botany Place Website offers a wealth of online resources to help students succeed in the course.
- Thematic boxes highlight four important themes in botany today--plants and people, conservation biology, evolution, and biotechnology--revealing to students how plants are relevant to their everyday lives.
- The Intriguing World of Plants boxes in every chapter include entertaining and engaging information about plants to capture students' attention and motivate them to learn more about botany.
- Section Review questions at the end of every major section reinforce key concepts and test students' understanding of what they have just learned.
- Appropriate length makes the book manageable for the majority of one-semester mixed- and non-majors introductory botany courses.
- Balanced coverage includes the appropriate level of scientific rigor while covering just the right amount of material.
- Engaging and accessible writing style brings the world of botany alive for students by emphasizing how plants are both fascinating and essential to their everyday lives.
- End-of-Chapter materials:
- Questions for Thought and Discussion strengthen critical-thinking skills by encouraging students to apply the material they have just learned.
- Learn More section provides further reading for students who want to learn more about topics covered in the chapter.
Publisher: Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2004