This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This latest addition to the Beatty/Samuelson series of texts is explicitly written from the ground up to address the specific needs of a 1-term business law course. It effectively provides both comprehensive breadth of topical coverage and a cost-effective, manageable format for courses lasting just a single semester or quarter. INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS LAW presents the full range of business law topics in a series of fast-paced, brief digestible chapters, making the ...show more book accessible to a wide range of students. Through utilizing innovative, story-telling pedagogy, fascinating cases, and business applications that are sure to create student interest, the end result is a text that is authoritative and accurate yet a pleasure to read.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 07
- NEW! Updated Bankruptcy Coverage: The Second Edition is the successor to the Preliminary Edition - with the Bankruptcy material updated to reflect the law changes due to the 2005 Bankruptcy Reform Act.
- Concise, Yet Complete Coverage: Offers concise coverage of the full range of business law topics in just 600 pages, including 2 torts chapters, 9 contracts chapters, 4 negotiable instrument chapters, 2 agency chapters, employment law and employment discrimination chapters, 6 business organization chapters, 3 property chapters, and separate estate planning and insurance chapters.
- Fast-Paced, "Bite-Sized" Chapters: Chapters are very concise and dynamic - each only about 10 pages long. Students find the reading engaging and easy to understand, and they can quickly and easily digest the manageable content of each chapter.
- Unique Conversational Narrative: This text was developed with business students, not law students, in mind. This text conveys legal material in a superb conversational style that engages students like no other text. The authors use engaging stories, illustrations, scenarios, and a direct-to-student writing style, all peppered with good dose of humor, to appeal to students' interests and drive retention and learning. A common student response is, "I had no idea business law could be so interesting."
- Built-In Study Guide: The end-of-chapter material is extensive and designed to be used as a built-in Study Guide for student review and practice. It features a matching exercise; true-false questions; multiple choice questions; five short answer questions, including an Ethics question and Role Reversal (these ask students to formulate their own test questions, helping to reinforce what they already understand); and an Internet Research Problem.
- Meaningful Features: Features are integrated into the chapter flow so they are not skipped over as the student is reading. "You Be the Judge" provides case facts and arguments, then asks students to make the decision. "Cyberlaw" highlights legal considerations of today's electronic world. "At Risk" gives guidance for avoiding legal disputes to keep managers out of court. "Ethics" asks questions about cases, legal issues, and commercial practices to remind students that ethical issues are pervasive. "Update" keeps students current, asking them to research the latest developments where the authors have foreseen that the law is likely to change.
- Case Treatment: Cases are summarized in the authors' own language. Students can quickly understand the key legal issues and the outcomes of the cases.
Publisher: West Publishing Co. (College)
Other Editions of Introduction to Business Law: