Summary: An Introduction to Chemistry for Biology Students, Eighth Edition is a unique workbook designed to teach students the basic concepts of chemistry that are essential for success in the life sciences. Today's biology courses place an increasing emphasis on the chemical processes that underlie critical biological functions. This workbook helps students master all the basic facts, concepts, and terminology of chemistry that they need to understand those processes and to ...show moreexcel in their life science course.Edition/Copyright: 8TH 05
New To This Edition
- A programmed approach presents concepts and processes step by step, building logically on information just presented.
- The text fits into the first two weeks of an introductory life science course--no prior knowledge of chemistry is necessary to complete the exercises.
- Information is presented in a series of "frames," to help students grasp material in manageable amounts. Each frame contains a concept followed by related questions.
- Answers to all exercises are provided on the same page, offering students immediate feedback.
- A new chapter on isomers has been added to help students better understand and distinguish these compounds.
- The Eighth Edition has also been revised to adapt the terminology and organization used in Campbell and Reece's BIOLOGY , Seventh Edition, making it easier for students to make connections between the two texts.
Publisher: Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Introduction to Chemistry for Biology Students: