Summary: Edmunds helps you understand how drugs and drug classes work, rather than simply memorizing information about individual drugs. This book emphasizes the principles of safe drug administration, including coverage of math review and drug dosage calculation. It also covers "must-know" drugs - the ones you'll see most often in clinical practice. A Companion CD includes Animations, Video Clips, interactive Drug Dosage Calculators, an Audio Glossary, and an expan ...show moreded collection of Review Questions for the NCLEX-PN Examination. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 13
- A focus on understanding drug classes rather than memorizing individual drugs helps you understand the actions and uses of drug classes and provides a framework for safe, effective practice as new drugs are introduced and as existing drugs are withdrawn from the market.
- Full-color design includes 195 drawings and photographs.
- Coverage of math review and medication administration includes three chapters on math review and drug dosage calculation, to promote safe drug administration.
- Consistent chapter format covers each drug class in a practical format including Action, Uses, Adverse Reactions, Drug and Food Interactions, and Nursing Implications and Patient Teaching sections.
- Application of the nursing process to each drug class includes Assessment, Diagnosis, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, and Patient and Family Teaching.
- Key content is highlighted, as in all of Elsevier's LPN Threads textbooks, with features such as Memory Joggers, Clinical Goldmines, Clinical Landmines, Pediatric Considerations, and Complementary and Alternative Therapies boxes.
- Case Studies in all drug chapters offer practice in applying information to realistic clinical situations and help you prepare for the NCLEX-PN Examination.
- Drug Calculation Review questions reinforce your drug calculation and math skills in the context of clinical practice.
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Other Editions of Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology: