This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Introduction to Film Studiesis a comprehensive textbook for students of cinema. This completely revised and updated fifth edition guides students through the key issues and concepts in film studies, traces the historical development of film and introduces some of the worlds key national cinemas. A range of theories and theorists are presented from Formalism to Feminism, from Eisenstein to Deleuze. Each chapter is written by a subject specialist, including two new authors for the fift ...show moreh edition. A wide range of films are analysed and discussed. It is lavishly illustrated with 150 film stills and production shots, in full colour throughout. Reviewed widely by teachers in the field and with a foreword by Bill Nichols, it will be essential reading for any introductory student of film and media studies or the visual arts worldwide. Key features of the fifth edition are: Edition/Copyright: 5TH 11
Individual chapters include:The Industrial Contexts of Film Production Film and Technology Getting to the Bigger Picture Film Form and Narrative Spectator, Audience and Response Cinematic authorship and the film auteur Stardom and Hollywood Cinema Genre, Theory and Hollywood Cinema The Documentary Form The Lang ...show less
- updated coverage of a wide range of concepts, theories and issues in film studies
- in-depth discussion of the contemporary film industry and technological changes
- new chapters on Film and Technology and Latin American Cinema
- new case studies on films such as District 9, Grizzly Man, Amores Perros, Avatar, Made in Dagenhamand many others
- marginal key terms, notes, cross-referencing
- suggestions for further reading, further viewing and a comprehensive glossary and bibliography
- a new, improved companion website including popular case studies and chapters from previous editions (including chapters on German Cinema and The French New Wave), links to supporting sites, clips, questions and useful resources.
Publisher: Routledge N. Y.
Other Editions of Introduction to Film Studies: