Summary: With individual chapters written by housing experts who have specialization within the discipline, this text is designed to be a collection of chapters/readings about various aspects of housing--an authorship approach that provides more credibility for each individual chapter than if one author had written the whole book. It also gives the book content that goes beyond rudimentary basics, and provides commentary on physical, social, psychological, economic, and polic ...show morey issues.Edition/Copyright: 06
- 12 "stand-alone" chapters-Allows chapters to be covered in any order or some not at all.
- Provides beginning college students with background information about current housing topics, historical references, and policy concerns.
- Topical coverage of housing at the personal, community, and societal levels.
- Offers help with personal housing choices, provides background for professionals in housing related careers, and creates awareness of the role housing plays in the world in which we live.
- Comprehensive coverage.
- Explores the major role housing plays in the economy, and how it affects our behavior and culture.
- Tables, illustrations, photographs, and commentaries -Expand on the basic material presented.
- Presents students with a wealth of material for various learning styles, and enables them to further explore the content of written text.
- An interdisciplinary approach to housing-As it relates to sociology, anthropology, psychology, geography, real estate, banking, finance, and architectural history.
- Gives students a broad understanding of the importance and meaning of housing in a variety of fields.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2006