Summary: For students who expect to become involved in programs that are concerned with the development, management and protection of water resources. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 03
The Fifth Edition of Introduction to Hydrology has been redesigned to better acquaint future water engineers, scientists and managers with the basic elements of the hydrologic cycle. Its focus is on presenting the principles of hydrology in the context of their application to real-world problems. The book identifies ...show moredata sources, introduces statistical analyses in the context of hydrologic problem-solving, covers the components of the hydrologic budget, discusses hydrograph analysis and routing, and introduces groundwater hydrology, urban hydrology, hydrologic models and hydrologic design. Many solved examples and problems serve to amplify the concepts presented in the text. Computer applications are discussed and appropriate Web addresses are provided.
- NEW--Topical organization--Covers underlying principles of hydrology in chapters 1 - 10 while chapters 11 - 13 cover application of these principles to practical problems in the field.
- Provides logical course development and basis for advanced studies in hydrology.
- NEW--Comprehensive coverage.
- Covers all aspects of the hydrologic cycle, and the manner in which they may be modified to deal with floods, droughts, potable water supply and urban drainage. Chapters 1, 4-8, and 10 cover the key components of the hydrologic cycle and chapters 11 - 13 and section 10.6 cover measures that can be taken to develop and control water.
- Numerous solved examples--Using both English and metric units.
- Enhances student comprehension and aids in homework and test preparation.
- Presentation of hydrologic models and modeling.
- Provides practice-oriented experiences for students and demonstrates how the basic hydrologic processes can be incorporated into engineering designs and water resources management processes.
Publisher: Harpercollins College Division
Year Published: 2003