Summary: Edition/Copyright: 08
- Case In Point presents real cases, connecting students to real-world examples and documents that further develop the information presented in the chapter.
- Research This! engages students to research cases in their jurisdiction that answer a hypothetica ...show morel scenario, reinforcing the critical skills of independent research.
- Cybertrip provides a list of relevant Web sites that students should visit in order to learn more about the topics presented in the chapter. Often, questions are posed to the students in order to help them determine how these web sites could help in the everyday life of a paralegal.
- Eye on Ethics raises legitimate ethical questions and situations attorneys and paralegals often face. Students are asked to reference rules governing these issues and make a decision.
- You be the Judge places the students in the role of a judge as they form opinions about relevant legal issues. Students will think critically on the subjects of the chapter and make legal decisions about the hypothetical scenarios presented.
- Chapter Summary provides a quick review of the key concepts presented in the chapter.
- Key Terms used throughout the chapters are defined in the margin and provided as a list at the end of each chapter. A common set of definitions is used consistently across the McGraw-Hill paralegal titles.
- Discussion Questions and Exercises ask students to apply critical thinking skills to the concepts learned in each chapter. The Discussion Questions focus on more specific legal topics and promote dialogue among students. The Exercises introduce hypothetical situations, and students will determine the correct answers using their knowledge of topics presented in the chapter. Both sets of questions are found at the end of each chapter.
- Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter utilize the key terms and definitions to help students become more familiar using their legal vocabulary.
- Chapter Objectives introduce the concepts students should understand after reading each chapter as well as provide brief summaries describing the material to be covered.
Publisher: Direct Digital
Year Published: 2008