This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Logistic systems constitute one of the cornerstones in the design and control of production systems and the modelling of supply chains. They are key to a number of industries, and courses teaching logistics systems planning and control are becoming more widespread. Introduction to Logistics Systems Planning and Control is the first book to present the quantitative methods necessary for logistics systems management at a level suitable for students of engineering, comp ...show moreuter science and management science. It features introductory material on business logistics and covers sales forecasting, inventory management, warehouse design and management, and transport planning and control. Edition/Copyright: 04
Introduction to Logistics Systems Planning and Control provides an accessible self-contained introduction to the subject for researchers, practitioners, and students of logistics and supply chain management, in both academia and industry. The book has been developed from courses taught to engineering, computer science and management science undergraduate and graduate students.
- Presents a balanced treatment of quantitative methods for logistics systems planning, organization and control.
- Each topic is illustrated with real examples.
- Features a number of case studies that show how the methods can be applied to complex logistics problems.
- Each chapter features an annotated bibliography of key references.
- Assumes only a basic knowledge of operations researc h.
- Supported by a Website featuring exercises and teaching material.
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Year Published: 2004