Noted for its integration of real-world data and case studies, this text offers sound coverage of the theoretical aspects of mathematical statistics. It demonstrates how and when to use statistical methods, while reinforcing the calculus that students have mastered in previous courses.
- Standard statistical techniques are presented in a mathematical context-Allows students to see the underlying hypotheses for the applications.
- Superior treatment of real-world data-Uses case studies and practical worked-out examples to motivate statistical reasoning and demonstrate the application of statistical methods to a wide variety of real-world situations.
- Numerous and interesting homework exercises-Chosen to engage the student and illuminate the main points of the text.
- Lively writing style-Presents concepts and applications in an engaging narrative.
- Sound coverage of the theoretical aspects of mathematical statistics - Carefully explains the mathematics and development of the statistical theory.
- Accessible mathematical prerequisites-Mediates between a techniques book and a graduate level first course in mathematical statistics.
- Integrated review of calculus-Reinforces students' prior knowledge by reviewing calculus as necessary throughout the presentation.