Summary: A complete overview of the profession and the practice of occupational therapy, Introduction to Occupational Therapy, 4th Edition prepares you for the roles, responsibilities, and relationships of the OT practitioner. This edition incorporates the latest revisions of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, which defines the OT process and areas of concern. Discussions also include treatment settings, occupational therapy across the lifespan, and evaluatio ...show moren, intervention, and outcomes within the OT process. Written by OT expert Jane Clifford O'Brien, this edition also keeps you current with emerging topics such as working with culturally diverse patients, evidence-based practice, and new practice areas such as driving and obesity.Edition/Copyright: 4TH 12
- Coverage of different OT practice areas (e.g., adult, geriatric, pediatric, and mental health) prepares you for the variety of clients you will encounter in clinical practice.
- An emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you think logically and use the literature to form a basis for diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Case studies and activities in each chapter promote problem-solving skills and demonstrate concepts.
- The OT Practice Framework and reimbursement mechanisms are addressed in terms of the occupational therapy process, providing a sound basis for decision making.
- A broad perspective on OT practice fits the needs of both occupational therapy and occupational therapy assistant students.
- Chapter objectives, key terms, chapter summaries, and review questions highlight important content in each chapter.A companion Evolve website includes video clips, review questions with answers, crossword puzzles, and additional case studies.
- NEW! The latest revisions to the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework are incorporated throughout the book, keeping
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of Introduction to Occupational Therapy: