This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This accessible, introductory text explores the history, philosophies, and principles of today's human performance programs including physical education, exercise science and sports studies, within a practical, career-oriented framework. New texts now come packaged with Health and Human Performance PowerWeb! Edition/Copyright: 5TH 02
New to This Edition:
- Continues to incorporate even more information on how to us ...show moree the Internet to search for jobs and career opportunities.
- Integrates information on exercise science throughout the text, keeping students informed about the latest developments in the field and highlighting the relationship between exercise science, physical education, and sport studies.
- Offers students the opportunity to expand their knowledge of the text content with Web boxes that encourage researching topics in depth on the internet.
- Encourages students to think about various avenues of research in physical education, exercise science, and sport studies with new research boxes that address such topics as patterns of physical activity among American youth, what an exercise physiologist studies to enhance motor behavior, and questions a sport sociologist might pose to examine the impact that sport has on today's society.
- Features the latest trends and theories, such as the increasing reliance on technology based equipment in research, use of motor control theories to address industrial problems, and addressing the equal opportunities for recreation for older Americans, updating the text content and references and providing students with the most current information.
- Presents information concerning school programs, higher education, athletics, and sport and fitness careers in light of current trends in the field, and promotes thinking about issues for the future.
- Explores the wide variety of career opportunities available, including non-teaching related careers in physical education and sport.
- Includes coverage of the umbrella of physical education programs, including intramurals (outside of education), inclusion, and child-centered curricula.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2002