This edition has also been released as:
Summary: INTRODUCTION TO PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS is one of the first texts published by Duxbury and has been blending innovation with tradition for over thirty years. It was the first statistics text to include case studies in it, and now in the eleventh edition, this text is the first to include java applets in the body of the text. It has been used by hundreds of thousands of students since its first edition. This new edition retains the excellent examples, exercises and ...show more exposition that have made it a market leader, and builds upon this tradition of excellence with new technology integration.Edition/Copyright: 11TH 03
- NEW! "Do It Yourself" activities in the text incorporate over 30 interactive Java applets featured on the accompanying CD-ROM. These applets allow students to see statistical methods come to life as they test theories and reinforce concepts. 5-8 exercises accompany each of these interactive applets, allowing you to easily integrate them in to the classroom.
- NEW! "About MINITAB" sections will feature MINITAB Release 13.30, the latest version of MINITAB.
- NEW! There are hundreds of new and updated exercises and examples. Additionally, classic exercises and examples will be posted on our website.
- "How Do I" boxes provide step-by-step hints for solving problems.
- "About Minitab" sections at the end of each chapter include instructions for generating Minitab output with discussions that refer to visual screen captures from Minitab 14.
- "Key Concepts and Formulas" sections at the end of each chapter provide quick reference for students before tests and assignments.
- A free CD-ROM is packaged with every copy of the text. The CD includes over 30 interactive Java applets, PowerPoint slides, a tutorial program that offers practice exercises with immediate feedback, and data sets for the exercises in the text.
- Many examples and exercises use real data sets. This helps students see the connections between their studies and their lives.
- Over 35 years of teaching and writing experience contribute to the clear exposition and interesting, effective examples and exercises.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2003