Grades: 6 - 12
This introduction to the field of sociology provides a highly accessible summary of the field that emphasizes new research and contemporary topics.
- The text allows teachers and students to investigate current topics that demonstrate how sociology applies to the needs and concerns of high school students.
- The Sociologist's Perspective feature takes an in-depth look at phenomena that grab students' interest and demonstrate sociological concepts in action.
- Popular Culture Connections relates concepts to the students' world and an Across Cultures feature strengthens global understandings.
- A generous use of quotations, case studies, and cartoons enlivens study.
- Vocabulary lists are located at the end of each chapter for quick reference.