This edition has also been released as:
ISBN13: 978-0534406912, 978-0534406936
ISBN10: 0534406912, 0534406939
Summary: Available in two flexible formats--a standard paperbound edition and loose-leaf flex-text edition, this best-selling textbook for courses in introductory chemistry allows professors to tailor the order of chapters to accommodate their particular needs. The authors have achieved this modularity not only by carefully writing each topic so it never assumes prior knowledge, but also by including any and all necessary preview or review information needed to learn that top ...show moreic. New lead author Dr. Mark Cracolice, Director for the Center of Teaching Excellence at the University of Montana and chemical education specialist, has added current and relevant applications and has infused the text with original pedagogical elements. Cracolice has also seamlessly integrated the text with the extensive media-based teaching aids available to create a unified package for this edition.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 04
ext is in either a perforated and three-hole punched softbound text format or in the "flex text" format: unbound, three-hole punched, similar to the previous edition. ...show less
- The problem sets contain paired problems of various types: problems typed to a particular section, a group of exercises not tied to a specific section, and a set of more challenging problems.
- NEW! The new companion ACTIVE LEARNING WORKBOOK is an optional, yet highly recommended ancillary to promote interactive student learning of introductory chemistry concepts.
- NEW! New "Thinking About Your Thinking" boxes ask students to take a previously learned topic or idea and revisit it to use it in a new way, promoting conceptual understanding.
- NEW! The Second Edition is supported by an expanded array of ancillaries that now includes a Web site, a Multimedia Presentation Manager, WebTutor on WebCT/Blackboard, a solutions manual, General Chemistry Interactive CD-ROM, Version 3.0(C)--containing a correlation guide that will match text and proper CD-ROM content.
- NEW! InfoTrac® College Edition is automatically packaged with this book! You and your students will receive four months of FREE access to an easy-to-use online database of full-length articles (not abstracts) from thousands of academic journals and popular sources spanning more than twenty years.
- The text's extensive art program contains both ball-and-stick and space-filling molecular models, as well as macro-micro art to enhance students understanding of chemistry through visualization.
- Each chapter's subject matter is placed into its real-world context through engaging chapter-opening applications.
- The text's highly regarded learning framework actively engages the student in the content with a running set of goals, preview/review boxes, Target Checks, Everyday Chemistry boxes, Summary/Procedure boxes, and Learn It Now! Reminders.
- The end-of-chapter material is equally robust, containing a Unit in Review, list of Key Terms and Concepts, Study Hints and Pitfalls to Avoid, and Concept-Linking Exercises where the student must write a brief description of the relationship among a group of terms. NEW! The t
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Other Editions of Introductory Chemistry Flextext / With CD: