Summary: This vibrant, student-friendly text is widely respected as the authoritative text for a one-quarter or one-semester course for nonmajors. While maintaining its reputation for clear, classic presentation and comprehensive coverage of botanical principles, the seventh edition of Introductory Plant Biologyincorporates a new, stunning design and numerous updates. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 97
- A clear, easy-to-read presentation provides in ...show moreteresting and relevant examples of botanical principles and facts.
- New to this edition are numerous boxed readings that feature interesting sidebars about current plant research or unusual botanical topics. These readings effectively entwine content from the corresponding chapter.
- Introductory Plant Biology's vivid, full-color interior has been extensively redesigned. You'll especially notice the high-quality color, detail, and consistency of the illustrations.
- The effective art program is highlighted by numerous, vibrant photos-many of which are high quality photomicrographs.
- Over 100 of the more than 550 full-color visuals are new to this edition.
- Introductory Plant Biology's physiology coverage-and corresponding artwork-has been completely updated and revised
- In response to reviewer comments, chapter 25, Ecology, has been restructured to flow more smoothly; and discussion of major types of grafting has been moved to the appendix.
- Helpful learning aids include chapter outlines, learning goals, overviews, summaries, review questions, discussion questions, references for additional reading, and a complete glossary.
- The popular and helpful appendixes have been revised and updated. You'll find the most current taxonomy, new information about poisonous plants, and the care and feeding of houseplants. Also included is new material covering medicinal plants.
Publisher: W.C.Brown Pub.Co.
Other Editions of Introductory Plant Biology (Cloth):