Summary: This new 10th edition includes the most current content to meet national curriculum and accreditation standards and still has the depth and breadth expected of Kinn?s The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach. Its instructive features, such as chapter outlines and learning objectives, enhance both the learning and teaching experience. With its focus on personal qualities, skills, responsibilities, types of patient education, and legal and ethical issues, the t
ext remains the strongest foundation for learning the medical assisting profession.
Summary: This new 10th edition includes the most current content to meet national curriculum and accreditation standards and still has the depth and breadth expected of Kinn?s The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach. Its instructive features, such as chapter outlines and learning objectives, enhance both the learning and teaching experience. With its focus on personal qualities, skills, responsibilities, types of patient education, and legal and ethical issues, the text remains the strongest foundation for learning the medical assisting profession. ...show less
1. Becoming a Successful Student 2. The Healthcare Industry
Unit I. Introduction to Medical Assisting
3. The Medical Assisting Profession 4. Professional Behavior in the Workplace 5. Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior 6. Medicine and Ethics 7. Medicine and Law
Unit II. Administrative Medical Assisting
8. Computers in the Medical Office 9. Telephone Techniques 10. Scheduling Appointments 11. Patient Reception and Processing 12. The Office Environment and Daily Operations- 13. Written Communications and Document Processing
Unit III. Health Information in the Medical Office
14. Documentation and Medical Records Management 15. Health Information Management 16. Privacy and Risk Management-
Unit IV. Billing and Coding Procedures
17. Basics of Diagnostic Coding 18. Basics of Procedure Coding 19. The Health Insurance Claim Form 20. Third-Party Reimbursement 21. Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
Unit V. Financial and Practice Management
22. Banking Services and Procedures 23. Management of Practice Finances 24. Medical Practice Management and Human Resources 25. Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit VI. Fundamentals of Clinical Medical Assisting
26. Infection Control 27. Patient Assessment 28. Patient Education 29. Nutrition & Health Promotion 30. Vital Signs 31. Assisting with the Primary Physical Examination
Unit VII. Assisting with Medications
32. Principles of Pharmacology 33. Pharmacology Math 34. Administering Medications (including IV Therapy)
Unit VIII. Assisting with Medical Specialties
35. Assisting with Medical Emergencies 36. Assisting in Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology 37. Assisting in Dermatology 38. Assisting in Gastroenterology 39. Assisting in Urology & Male Reproduction 40. Assisting in Obstetrics & Gynecology 41. Assisting in Pediatrics 42. Assisting in Orthopedic Medicine 43. Assisting in Neurology & Mental Health 44. Assisting in Endocrinology 45. Assisting in Pulmonary Medicine 46. Assisting in Cardiology 47. Geriatrics
Unit IX. Diagnostic Procedures
48. Principles of Electrocardiography 49. Assisting with Diagnostic Imaging 50. Assisting in the Clinical Laboratory 51. Assisting in the Analysis of Urine 52. Assisting in Phlebotomy 53. Assisting in the Analysis of Blood 54. Assisting in Microbiology
Saint Louis, MO 2007 Hard cover 10th ed. Fine in very good dust jacket. no cd. Sewn binding. Cloth over boards. 1456 p. Contains: Illustrations. Medical Assistant (Kinn's). Audience: General/trade.
$52.00 +$3.99 s/h
A2ZBooks Ky Burgin, KY
Philadelphia, PA 2007 Hardcover 10th Edition As New Includes Sealed CD. Minor shelf and corner wear including a small pink mark on text block. No Markings. Multiple copies available this title. Quan...show moretity Available: 2. Shipped Weight: Over 3 kilos. Category: Medicine & Health; ISBN: 1416024204. ISBN/EAN: 9781416024200. Inventory No: 1560777423. ...show less
$52.00 +$3.99 s/h
a2zbooks Burgin, KY
Multiple copies available this title. Includes Sealed CD. Minor shelf and corner wear including a small pink mark on text block . No Markings. Quantity Available: 2. Shipped Weight: Over 6 pounds ki...show morelos. Category: Medicine & Health; ISBN: 1416024204. ISBN/EAN: 9781416024200. Inventory No: 1560777423. 10th Edition. ...show less
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.