Summary: The laboratory environment is ever changing in response to the diverging trends in healthcare. Laboratory managers who can create solutions to today's problems and effectively manage change are in high demand.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 07
The second edition of Denise Harmening's Laboratory Management is designed to give a problem-based approach to teaching the principles of laboratory management. The text focuses on presenting underlying managerial concepts and assisting the learner in su ...show moreccessfully applying theoretical models to real-life situations.
- Each chapter includes: one or more illustrative cases presenting a management problem, thought-provoking questions to enhance critical thinking skills, outlines, and educational objectives
- Internet references and website resources guide the learner to advanced and current information in each of the major topic areas
- Problem-based learning activities at the end of each chapter serve as a guide for instruction and reinforcement of the content
- Includes two chapters unique to this text: Education and Training and Ethical Issues in Laboratory Management
- Chapters are divided into five major areas of management: Basic Principles and Organizational Structure; Human Resources; Finance; Operations; and Strategies for Career Success
- Glossary of key terms
- Twenty-five contributors to the text include academicians, laboratory managers, medical technologists, and laboratory consultants
Publisher: F. A. Davis Co.
Year Published: 2007