Summary: Organized alphabetically by test, this reference guide provides quick and reliable access to information on over 420 laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures. With additional information provided for each procedure and extensive nursing implications with client teaching material, this book is an invaluable resource for nursing students and professionals alike. Each test includes:
* Reference values with guidelines for both adults and children
...show more * Description
* Clinical problems
* Factors affecting test results
* Nursing implications with rationales for nursing actions
* Client teaching
* Drug effects
New to this edition:
* Updated laboratory tests, including HIV, lipids, glucose, and cardiac tests.
* New laboratory tests include cancer tumor markers, anthrax testing, apolipoproteins, and others.
* New diagnostic tests include breast scintigraphy, oculovestibular reflex study, endometrial biopsy, electronystagmography, pericardiocentesis, peritoneal fluid analysis, endoscopic ultrasound, video capsule endoscopy (VCE) and others.
* New laboratory and diagnostic tests in the Laboratory and Diagnostic Assessment of Body Functions section.
* New drugs added to the Therapeutic Monitoring section.
* New information about how test results differ between men and women.
26 more offers below.