Summary: Language Disorders from Infancy Through Adolescence, 4th Edition is the go-to text for all the information you need to properly assess childhood language disorders and provide appropriate treatment. This core resource spans the entire developmental period through adolescence, and uses a descriptive-developmental approach to present basic concepts and vocabulary, an overview of key issues and controversies, the scope of communicative difficulties that make up child language dis ...show moreorders, and information on how language pathologists approach the assessment and intervention processes. This new edition also features significant updates in research, trends, instruction best practices, and social skills assessment. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 12
- Comprehensive text covers the entire developmental period through adolescence.
- Clinical application focus featuring case studies, clinical vignettes, and suggested projects helps you apply concepts to professional practice.
- Straightforward, conversational writing style makes this book easy to read and understand.
- More than 230 tables and boxes summarize important information such as dialogue examples, sample assessment plans, assessment and intervention principles, activities, and sample transcripts.
- UNIQUE! Practice exercises with sample transcripts allow you to apply different methods of analysis.
- UNIQUE! Helpful study guides at the end of each chapter help you review and apply what you have learned.
- Versatile text is perfect for a variety of language disorder courses, and serves as a great reference tool for professional practitioners.
- Highly regarded lead author Rhea Paul lends her expertise in diagnosing and managing pediatric language disorders.
- Communication development milestones are printed on the inside front cover for quick access.
- Chapter objectives summarize what you ...show less
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of Language Disorders from Infancy through Adolescence: