Summary: Covering the role of the veterinary technician in large-animal care, Large Animal Clinical Procedures for Veterinary Technicians, 2nd Edition provides a comprehensive guide to large-animal clinical diagnostic, medical, and surgical procedures. Not only does this book show why and how each procedure is performed, but it shows the vet tech's role in preparing for, assisting in, and following up on each one. Coverage of herd health care helps you understand the essentials of beha ...show morevior and handling, safety, breeds, vaccination schedules, and common parasites. This edition adds case studies and clinical applications in each chapter, and a new section with an overview on livestock management. Written by educator and horse stable owner Kristin Holtgrew-Bohling, this book helps you pass your boards and gain certification, and can also be used as an on-the-job reference. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 11
- A focus on the veterinary technician's role includes a description of each procedure in terms of the vet tech's responsibilities, explaining why and how the procedure is performed.
- Full-color photographs and line drawings show restraint, bandaging, physical examination techniques, and diagnostic procedures.
- A practical approach makes this text useful in classes and in clinical situations, so veterinary technicians, acting under instructions of veterinarians, can plan and follow through on procedures and treatment regimens for large animals.
- Proper medical terminology and common/layperson terminology are both used, helping you communicate effectively with clients and with other professionals.
- AVMA accreditation is promoted through coverage of the essential large animal-related tasks in the CVTEA Manual of Accreditation for Veterinary Technology Programs.
- New section on the livestock industry provides a wider background of herd health care so you can better ...show less
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.