Summary: Based on the fourth edition of The Law of Higher Education-the indispensable guide to law that bears on the provision of higher education-this Student Edition provides an up-to-date reference and guide for coursework in higher education law. It also provides a guide for programs that help prepare higher education administrators for leadership roles.
This important reference is organized into five main parts Perspectives and Foundations; The College and Its ...show moreGoverning Board and Staff; The College and Its Faculty; The College and Its Students; and The College and the Outside World. Each part includes the sections of the full fourth edition that most relate to student interests and are most suitable for classroom instruction, for example:
* The evolution and reach of higher education law
* The governance of higher education
* Legal planning and dispute resolution
* The interrelationships between law and policy
* The college and its employees
* Faculty employment and tenure
* Academic freedom
* Campus issues: student safety, racial and sexual harassment, affirmative action, computer networks, services for international students
* Student misconduct
* Freedom of speech, hate speech
* Student rights, responsibilities, and activities fees
* Athletics and Title IX
* Copyright ...show less
12 more offers below.