Summary: With its strong emphasis on critical thinking and problem solving, Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing: Theory and Applications, helps today's students become tomorrow's decision makers. Case studies bring basic theories of nursing management to life through applications in real-world scenarios. Tips on collaborative care, personnel management, and documentation help define roles and responsibilities for tomorrow's nursing leaders. Useful tables offe ...show morer essential information at a glance.
* More than 200 highlighted learning exercises drawn from a variety of health care settings challenge readers to apply concepts of leadership theory
* Numerous case studies and clinical situations offer useful examples of essential management principles and help readers apply them to real-world practice
* Critical thinking and problem solving exercises promote effective decision making on the job
* Key concepts following each chapter reinforce important points from the text for easy review
* Additional bibliographies at the end of each chapter help readers solve the text's learning exercises and provide a springboard for further study
* New chapter on delegation emphasizes training and delegation to unlicensed assistive personnel
* Expanded content on case management, managed care, and healthcare economics prepares readers to function within today's managed care environment
* Increeased coverage of outcomes management and benchmarking details the latest tools and methods for assuring quality control and accountability
* Increased emphasis on interdisciplinary and multi-level teamwork addresses contemporary challenges, including those of a multicultural workforce
* A cutting-edge bibliography reflects the latest trends in healthcare. ...show less
More prices and sellers below.