Summary: Here's the Second Edition of the all-inclusive text on leadership and management in nursing applications. This state-of-the-art book, written by an expert educator, presents the most current view of health care systems and the most current thinking about nursing applications of leadership and management principles.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 2ND 00
- Presents Exemplars that apply management and leadership principles to actual events report ...show moreed by practicing nurse managers
- Provides Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions to promote independent analysis and critical thinking by students
- Incorporates Challenge Questions, application level study questions (with suggested responses provided at back of book) that require students to recall and apply chapter content
- Offers `Vision Statements' that present futuristic perspectives from well-known leaders in nursing administration
- Features new chapters on: cultural diversity, preparing students to deal effectively and sensitively with increasingly diverse work forces and patient populations
- Legal and ethical issues, helping students identify important dilemmas arising from contemporary shifts toward a business-oriented health care system
- Population-based care management, discussing management issues related to community settings and care of the aggregate population
- Marketing, addressing a key business-oriented issue important to today's health care settings
- Includes expanded content on case management and delegation, cultural diversity, and managed care
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2000
Other Editions of Leadership and Nursing Care Management: