This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This text blends the theory and skills needed by professionals beginning to work with recreation participants or beginning to supervise staff who do so. It addresses leadership in specific activities and includes extensive coverage on leadership competencies that recreation professionals must master to become successful leaders.
New to This Edition
- Highlights the ever-expanding role of technol ...show moreogy in leadership recreation in a new Chapter 14, "Leading with Technology," as well as throughout the text
- Offers expanded discussions of diversity and ethics issues throughout
- Includes participatory activities in every chapter, giving students the opportunity to apply new knowledge in real-world recreational settings
- Encourages the development of research and technology skills through new Web-based activities
- Increases instructor's flexibility in assigning material, by splitting the previous edition's introductory material into two new chapters: Chapter 1, "The Context of Recreation Leadership," and Chapter 2, "Definitions and Theories"
- Expands the thorough, step-by-step instructions on leading specific recreation activity areas, to include appendices on video games and camp counseling. New Web-based appendices include "Storytelling," "Special Event Leading," "Leading Children's Free Play," and "Leading with Multicultural Activities."
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 3RD 05
- "Case in Point" boxes in each chapter connect the chapter content to real-world examples from many employment areas, including public recreation, therapeutic recreation, and private recreation.
- Profiles of leisure service pioneers and innovators appear in each chapter, providing a historical perspective on those who revolutionized leisure services through innovation, creativity, and perseverance.
- The text's systematic approach divides the material into cohesive parts that facilitate students' understanding of context, theory, and goals, as well as of decision-making, problem-solving, and group management.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Leadership in Recreation: