Summary: Leading and Managing in Nursing, 5th Edition - Revised Reprint by Patricia Yoder-Wise successfully blends evidence-based guidelines with practical application. This revised reprint has been updated to prepare you for the nursing leadership issues of today and tomorrow, providing just the right amount of information to equip you with the tools you need to succeed on the NCLEX and in practice. Content is organized around the issues that are central to the success of professional ...show more nurses in today's constantly changing healthcare environment, including patient safety, workplace violence, consumer relationships, cultural diversity, resource management, and many more. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 13
- Merges theory, research, and practical application for an innovative approach to nursing leadership and management.
- Practical, evidence-based approach to today's key issues includes patient safety, workplace violence, team collaboration, delegation, managing quality and risk, staff education, supervision, and managing costs and budgets.
- Easy-to-find boxes, a full-color design, and new photos highlight key information for quick reference and effective study.
- Research and Literature Perspective boxes summarize timely articles of interest, helping you apply current research to evidence-based practice.
- Critical thinking questions in every chapter challenge you to think critically about chapter concepts and apply them to real-life situations.
- Chapter Checklists provide a quick review and study guide to the key ideas in each chapter, theory boxes with pertinent theoretical concepts, a glossary of key terms and definitions, and bulleted lists for applying key content to practice.
- NEW! Three new chapters - Safe Care: The Core of Leading and Managing, Leading Change, and Thriving for the Future - emphasize QSEN competencies and ...show less
Publisher: Elsevier Science