Provides a comprehensive review of the essential elements of Latin, along with integrated Roman culture and varied exercises. This book is so designed that it could profitably be used as a basic text.
- Each chapter deals with a specific topic, and integrates the grammatical structures, vocabulary, and culture.
- Clear and concise explanations of structure are provided in a lively style, accompanied by copious examples.
- Mini essays on aspects of the public and private life of the Romans give background and vocabulary for the readings and exercises. A running vocabulary makes the readings easier to comprehend and enjoy.
- Contextual exercises reinforce grammar and Roman history and culture. There are questions on the readings, completions, matching, scrambled sentences, grammatical or cultural misfit and analogy exercises.
- Exercises based on cognates and prefixes extend vocabulary.
- 26 chapters. Appendices: glossary of grammatical terms, Latin word order, oral Latin for the classroom, Latin in use today, a Time Line of Roman history plus grammatical and cultural indexes and an End vocabulary.
- The book is beautifully designed with over 40 two-color illustrations.