on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Given the relationship between trauma, loss, and interpersonal bonds, the editors have assembled a noteworthy list of contributions discussing trauma associated with close relationships (divorce, infertility, widowhood). Certainly, trauma is closely associated with loss. This edited volume offers the perspective of over twenty leading scholars in the study of trauma and loss. Each chapter offers extensive coverage of contemporary issues (terror management, rational s ...show moreuicide, spirituality, stigmatization). Relationship issues within these topics are also explored. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 00
PART I. GENERAL PERSPECTIVES ON LOSS, TRAUMA, COPING, AND THE POSITIVE IMPACTS OF LOSS
1. From Vulnerability to Growth: Positive and Negative Effects of Stressful Life Events
John A. Updegraff, Shelley E. Taylor
2. The other Side of Trauma: Towards a Psychology of Appreciation
Ronnie Janoff-Bulman, Andrea R. Berger
Beverly Raphael, Matthew Dobson
4. Helping Victims of Loss and Trauma: A social Psychological Perspective
Louis A. Penner, John f. Dovidio, Terrance L. Albrecht
5. Victim Thinking
Roy F. Baumeister, Ellen Bratslavsky
6. The Ranking of Personal Grief: Death and Comparative Loss
7. Parallel Selves as the End of Grief Work
8 Rational Suicide
David J. Mayo
PART II.. LOSS AND TRAUMA ASSOCIATED WITH SPECIFIC POPULATIONS
9. The Role of Perceived Control in Coping with the Losses Associated with Chronic Illness
Suzanne C. Thompson, Diana J. Kyle
10. Coping as a "Reality Construction": On the Role of Attentive, Comparative, and Interpretive Processes in Coping with Cancer
Dieter Ferring, Sigrun-Heide Filipp
11. Loss, Adjustment, and Growth after Cancer: Lessons from Patients' Children
Beth Leedham, Beth Meyerowitz
12. The Few Gains and Many Losses for Those Stigmatized bye Psychiatric Disorders
13. The Human Costs of Organizational Downsizing: The Irrational Effects of the Justice Motive on Managers, Dismissed Workers, and Survivors
Melvin J. Lerner
14. Transcending a Lifetime of Losses: The Importance of Spirituality in Old Age
Janet L. Ramsey, Rosemary Blieszner
15. College Student Grief and Loss
Paul L. Toth, Rex Stockton, Frederick Browne
16. On Being Homeless and Mentally Ill: A Multitude of Losses and the Possibility of Recovery
Gary A. Morse
PART III. LOSS AND TRAUMA ASSOCIATED WITH CLOSE RELATIONSHIPS
17. Loss, Resources, and Resiliency in Close Interpersonal Relationships
Stevan E. Hobfoll, Nicole Ennis, Jennifer Kay
18. Negotiating Terminal Illness: Communication, Collusion, and Coalition in Caregiving
19. Caregiver Loss and Quality of Care Provided: Preillness Relationship Makes a Difference
Gail M. Williamson, David R. Shaffer, The Family Relationships in Late Life Project
20. Adjusting to Infertility
21. Widowhood in Later Life
Robert O. Hanson, Bert Hayslip Jr.
22. The Loss of Loved Ones: The Impact of Relationshop Infidelity
Brock Boekhout, Susan S. Hendrick, Clyde Hendrick
23. Unyielding Custody Disputes: Tempering Loss and Courting Disaster
Jacqueline L. Karkazis, Sharon L. Lazaneo
24. Cognitive Interdependence and the Experience of Relationship Loss
Christopher R. Agnew
PART IV. CONCLUSION
25. What's Narrative Got to Do With It? Construction and Coherence in Accounts of Loss
Robert A. Neimeyer, Heidi M. Levitt
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.