Summary: This cutting-edge sourcebook for teachers provides a comprehensive vision of effective second/foreign language teaching and explores ways to create meaningful interaction leading to emergent participatory language teaching. The fourth edition of Making It Happen presents a cyclic approach to theory and practice, in which theory and practice constantly inform each other.
* Strategies for teaching children, adolescents, and adults from beg ...show moreinning to advanced levels
* An emphasis on peer- and self-evaluation in simulated and real classrooms
* A practical reservoir for teachers as they develop their own methodologies and local practice
* Discussions of issues critical to program development, lesson design, materials selection, video use, teacher research, and professional development (including SIOP)
* Case studies from kindergarten through university level to stimulate professional dialog
NEW TO THIS EDITION
* Separate chapters on implicit/explicit teaching and on sociocultural/cognitive synthesis
* Sections on form-focus strategies, World Englishes, research directions, corpus analysis, dialogical assessment, and the Acoma heritage language program
* Updated research that reflects influential thinking for the 21st centuryAlso by Patricia A. Richard-Amato (with Marguerite Ann Snow):Academic Success for English Language Learners: Strategies for K-12 Mainstream Teachers, Pearson Education/Longman, 2005 ...show less
23 more offers below.