This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Now in its tenth edition, Management continues to offer a practical, student-oriented approach to four central themes: change, diversity, ethics, and globalization. Author Robert Kreitner relies on more than 30 years of research and teaching experience to ensure that students gain a solid understanding of management principles. In addition to coverage of timely and relevant issues such as corporate responsibility, the text promotes skill development through hands-on ...show moreexercises and team-building activities.Edition/Copyright: 10TH 07
With all data and examples updated to reflect current trends, the Tenth Edition integrates issues from popular culture and media, putting topics in context and engaging students. A range of pedagogical features--including in-text and video cases, Internet activities, and interactive annotations--support students as they prepare for the rigors of contemporary management.
- New! The Tenth Edition includes coverage of emerging research and hot-button topics, including Wilson's managerial skills profile; the implications of "cultural intelligence"; new research on how people rationalize unethical conduct; and the role of Web logs ("blogs").
- New! Test Prepper self-quizzes at the end of each chapter include true/false and multiple-choice questions (with answers at the end of the book).
- New! The Eduspace online learning tool pairs the widely recognized resources of Blackboard with quality, text-specific content from Houghton Mifflin. Eduspace makes it easy for instructors to create all or part of a course online. Classroom Response System ("clicker") content, homework exercises, tests, tutorials, and supplemental study materials all come ready-to-use. Instructors can choose to use the content as is, modify it, or even add their own.
- New! Part-ending Managers-in-Action video cases focus on high-profile managers and the challenges they face concerning project management, training, and other issues. New cases examine global diversity at Hewlett-Packard, planning and decision making at Percy Inn, and the management of human capital at Accenture.
- New! All chapter-opening cases, 16 chapter-closing cases, and 14 boxed features are new to this edition. Other popular features have been retained and completely updated, including How-to-Do-It instructions, summaries, terms, Hands-On Exercises, and Internet Exercises.
- Updated! Managing Diversity features highlight the importance of diversity in the workplace. New coverage includes religion in the workplace, biased decision making, and a Native American's vision for a better future.
- Updated! Management Ethics boxes, which focus on the importance of ethical decision making, cover issues such as the "two faces" of Wal-Mart, keeping blogs in check, and hardball organizational politics.
- Updated! The Global Manager boxes examine the role managers play in a world that is shrinking rapidly. Several new examples aid in preparing students to meet this role by introducing them to current issues and strategies, such as a global supply-chain crisis at Dell, culture and the perception of planning and control, and risk management at BMW.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Management: