This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Management: Challenges for Tomorrow's Leaders, Fourth Edition, explains the function and role of management in today's organization, presenting current theory, trends, and influences on today's managers and organizations. The text balances theory and practice, providing numerous applications for students to better understand how management concepts are applied. The primary theme of the fourth edition is the role and importance of leadership in today's organization. T ...show morehroughout the text are discussions and highlighted examples of the impact of leadership and how organizations diffuse responsibility through every level of an organization.Edition/Copyright: 4TH 04
- Ethics "Take a Stand": The "Take A Stand" features present students with ethical dilemmas. Students are asked to evaluate various courses of actions in terms of their ethical implications and select the alternative that best meets the organization's needs.
- InfoTrac College Edition (ICE): This text is packaged with InfoTrac College Edition, free of charge! ICE is a fully searchable online database that gives users access to full-text articles from more than 900 periodicals. Authoritative sources are updated daily and date back as far as four years.
- Textchoice Cases and Exercises: Textchoice is the home of Thomson Learning's digital content. The Management Cases and Exercises content database allows you to easily evaluate and select cases, experiential exercises, activities, and even your own material to create a course companion tailor-fit to your course.
- NEW! Leadership in Action: Leaders in Action boxes in every chapter capture ?the voice of leadershipof leadership in today?s organizations from a variety of angles.
- NEW! Now Apply It: "Now Apply It" boxes throughout the text, provide short experiential applications whereby students can ?try outchapter content.
- NEW! At the Forefront: At the Forefront boxes report on contemporary, often provocative, business trends
- Web site: The text's support web site includes downloadable supplements for instructors and PowerPoint, interactive practice quizzes, exercises, and other information for students.
- NEW! Leadership Model: The leadership model presented throughout the text focuses on three key components: competence, character, and community.
- NEW! Xtra!: Text is packaged with access to a robust set of online study tools, including Xtra! practice quizzes, Experiencing Management, additional video, and more.
- Updated End of Chapter Exercises: New cases, 14 new video cases, review questions, experiential exercises, and discussion questions help students review and apply the chapter objectives.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Other Editions of Management : Challenges for Tomorrow's Leaders: