Summary: The focus of this nurse practitioner text is on 81 commonly seen disorders of adult women. It addresses both the medical aspects of the disorders and the nursing concerns and patient education.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 00
- Discusses 81 disorders commonly seen in adult women
- Contains 26 common complaints, danger signs, complications of pregnancy, and 6 post-partum complications
- Reviews growth and developmental stages ...show more of the healthy adult female
- Covers principles of promoting health and the essentials of good nutrition
- Discusses ways to promote a healthy pregnancy and managing the complications of pregnancy and delivery
- Contains chapter on menopause
- Contains for each monograph title, definition, etiology, occurrence, age, ethnicity, gender, contributing factors, signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, sequelae, prevention/prophylaxis, referral guidelines, education, and references
- Many monographs followed by a diagnostic decision tree to illustrate diagnostic or treatment reasoning
- Organized by anatomical areas in a head-to-toe approach
- Each disorder chapter contains an overview of the essential elements to focus on during assessment
Publisher: F. A. Davis Co.
Year Published: 2000