Summary: Providing step-by-step guidelines for patient diagnosis and treatment, this superb text remains an excellent foundation for the concept of occlusion and how it affects the temporomandibular joint. The fifth edition includes thoroughly revised content, new photos and illustrations, and updates on temporomandibular disorders and occlusion. The logical and practical approach to the subject highlights each major treatment with a case that brings the clinical experience t ...show moreo life and helps the reader grasp concepts more clearly. Edition/Copyright: 6TH 07
- Comprehensive coverage of the physical examination of the masticatory system provides an invaluable aid in diagnosis.
- Diagnostic algorithms for various classes of disorders serve as a road map for readers as they sort through a patient's signs and symptoms.
- Case examples accompany each major treatment chapter to increase understanding and relevance.
- A thorough discussion of the etiology of temporomandibular disorders makes readers more familiar with the causes of chronic orofacial pain.
- Discussions of specific treatment techniques such as using muscle relaxants and bite plates highlight current clinical studies.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2007