Summary: Covering common pulmonary function tests and techniques, Ruppel's Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing, 10th Edition is not only an authoritative, on-the-job reference, but an excellent resource for preparing for the CPFT (certified pulmonary function technologist) and RPFT (registered pulmonary function technologist) specialty credentialing examinations. It includes information on pathophysiology, equipment, and quality assurance, so you can develop the testing skills ...show moreyou need to find and assess lung abnormalities and conditions including asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and cystic fibrosis. Written by Carl Mottram, RRT, RPFT, FAARC, one of the most respected experts in pulmonary function procedures, this text helps you get accurate test results every time. Edition/Copyright: 10TH 13
- Case studies provide problem-solving challenges for common clinical cases, including each case history, PFT testing results, a technologist's comments, and questions and answers.
- PFT Tips boxes highlight and reinforce the most important Pulmonary Function Testing information in every chapter.
- Entry- and Advanced-Level objectives follow the content guidelines suggested by the CPFT and RPFT exam matrices from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Concise chapter outlines introduce the topics to be covered.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter, bolded in the text, and defined in an expanded glossary.
- New Bronchoprovocation chapter features important information on methacholine, histamine, mannitol, exercise challenges, and eucapnic voluntary hyperventilation.
- New chapter on reference equations simplifies common reference equations and includes normal and abnormal values encountered in the clinical setting.
- New How To boxes provide step-by-step guidelines ...show less
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing: