Summary: Written by two expert authors, this trend-setting textbook of medical-surgical nursing offers cutting-edge content that's easy to understand. The sixth edition includes a new emphasis on clinical decision-making for patient-centered collaborative care and more streamlined and balanced coverage of the core body of knowledge needed for safe clinical practice. There is also expanded coverage of emergency and disaster preparedness along with an enhanced "Get Ready f ...show moreor the NCLEX Examination" feature that includes the addition of new NCLEX Challenge questions.
* UNIQUE! A collaborative approach that presents all medical, surgical, nursing, and other interventions through the lens of the nursing process.
* A reader-friendly, direct writing style makes this one of the most readable medical-surgical textbooks on the market.
* Chapter-opening Learning Outcomes are linked to Self-Assessment Questions for the NCLEX Examination on the companion CD and EVOLVE website.
* Unique chapter-ending Get Ready for the NCLEX Examination! sections include Key Points lists organized by NCLEX Client Needs Categories.
* Evidence-Based Practice boxes now include highlighted Levels of Evidence to teach you how to appraise the level of validity of research and provide synopses of recent nursing research articles and other scientific articles applicable to nursing.
* Considerations boxes highlight important nursing considerations to help you better understand how to care for older adults, women, and patients from various cultural and genetic backgrounds.
* Streamlined Concept Maps now emphasize information on what is critical for you to know for patientrescue by providing the links among pathophysiology, assessment, and intervention. ...show less
More prices and sellers below.