Summary: A consistent, logical format combined with a true-to-life portrait of medical terminology in the health field make this text the ideal for presenting essential information in a way that will gain interest. Appropriate in all medical terminology courses, it uses full-color photographs, figures, and illustrations of actual procedures to facilitate understanding. Text exercises combined with a comprehensive technology package provide a broad spectrum of practice and rev ...show moreiew opportunities. Features include: Edition/Copyright: 2ND 02
Student CD-ROM - packaged FREE with every text - Hosting a variety of interactive study aids, this cross-platform CD-ROM includes practice tests, labeling exercises, word building, spelling bee, flashcards, and an audio glossary.
- A New refined and consistent organization - working in the same format, each chapter includes important subtopics including: anatomy and physiology, word building, vocabulary, pathology, procedures, diagnostic/lab tests and abbreviations.
- New end-of-chapter Chart Note Transcription Exercises - critical thinking patient scenarios that focus on utilizing medical terminology in medical reports.
- New Professional Profile Boxes - highlights of real-life career opportunities pertaining to each chapter's discussions.
- A New Special Topics Chapter -presents the medical terminology specific to healthcare industries.
- New Word Building - demonstrates how definitions can be reasoned out by translating individual word parts.
- A New Chapter on Pharmacology.
- Case Studies - scenarios complete with critical thinking questions.
- For complete utilization of resources check out the NEW comprehensive technology package that accompanies this text!
Companion Website: www.prenhall.com/fremgen - Visit this online study aid and find objectives, an audio glossary, chapter challenge, and "check your progress" exercises.
Online Courses in BlackBoard, WebCT, and CourseCompass platforms. ...show less
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2002