This edition has also been released as:
ISBN13: 978-0072539370, 978-0072942750
ISBN10: 0072539372, 0072942754
Summary: Methods in Behavioral Research is a concise introduction to research methods for psychology and behavioral science courses. It has been the best selling title in this course for at least fifteen years, and is considered by many to be the most student-friendly text for research methods--the one that students will read.
New to This Edition :
- A new appendix on writing research reports, base ...show mored on the new fifth edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, is complemented by a new sample research paper.
- The ethics chapter's organization conforms more closely to ethical issues as defined by Institutional Review Boards. Information on the Belmont Report and important cases such as the Tuskegee study is included, as is the 2002 APA Ethics Code.
- Literature search material is expanded to include information on Web-based searching and sources other than PsychINFO.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 8TH 04
- Clear writing and examples. The eighth edition retains the core strengths of direct, clear writing and interesting examples.
- Decision-making emphasis and objective evaluation. Both the advantages and disadvantages of various research methods and design are discussed in detail throughout the text.
- Making sense of research. Reviewers consistently praise the text for the diversity and quality of examples that help students conceptualize and critique research and research design effectively.
- Strong pedagogy. Questions at the end of each chapter, lists of key terms, chapter outlines, a general glossary, an appendix on writing research reports (with a sample published manuscript), and appendices of statistical tests and tables are all included to help students learn effectively.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Methods in Behavioral Research: