Edition/Copyright: 3RD 98
- Significant modifications were made to the theory of the firm chapters, particularly the price-taking firm (see Chap 10).
- The treatment of applied costs (Chap 9) has been made more standard.
- Some "advanced" topics that included more complex math have been dropped.
- The chapter on government (18) has been dropped, and the key topics integrated into the rest of the text.
- More examples have been provided throughout the text.
- Distinctive organization integrates treatment of commodity demands and input supplies (Chap.2); early placement of welfare economics (Chap.12); early treatment of profit maximization in discussion of the firm (Chap.7).
Publisher: Richard D. Irwin, Inc.
Year Published: 1998