Summary: These active learning strategies should be in every teacher's toolkit!
Here in one streamlined, user-friendly handbook are the 101 answers to the only question that really matters to teachers, "How can I make my teaching more effective?" With a firm grounding in research from the cognitive sciences and best classroom practices, these tried-and-true teaching strategies are assembled here in a ready-to-use, at-a-glance format, with all the checklist ...show mores and forms any teacher needs to put them into practice.
A few of the "can't miss" strategies teachers will find are:
* Tapping students' background knowledge
* Ways to teach with active learning processes
* Proven methods to teach reading to diverse learners
* How to run a classroom that is gender-fair
* Proven ways to make assessment meaningful
* Specific suggestions for defining and meeting the needs of English language learners and other diverse student populations, plus summaries of research that explain how and why the 101 strategies work ...show less