Summary: Models of Teaching
by Bruce Joyce, Marsha Weil and Emily Calhoun
With the current emphasis on standards-based education, teachers everywhere are searching for programs and practices that have the strongest positive effect on student achievement. Since its initial publication in 1972, Models of Teaching, now in its eighth edition, has been considered the classic text in the field. Rationale and research pair with real-world examples and applicati ...show moreons to provide a strong foundation for new educators. The thoroughly documented research on the various models of teaching (and their subsequent positive effects on student success) give teachers the tools they need to build strong classrooms that accelerate student learning. Encompassing all of the major psychological and philosophical approaches to teaching and schooling, this new edition of a classic text is at the core of a successful K-12 teacher education program.
Look inside this new edition:
* NEW! Evidence-based approaches to teaching receive a full explanation in entirely new chapters.
* New studies on models of teaching give readers the most current picture of education today.
* All research is refreshed and updated, ensuring accuracy and currency.
* Provides an abundance of both classic and contemporary teaching models, classified into four families: Social, Information-Processing, Personal, and Behavioral Systems.
* Each model includes suggestions for putting the teaching strategies to use in the classroom with applications and through a Summary Chart. ...show less
25 more offers below.