Summary: Modern Carpentry is a colorful, easy-to-understand source of authoritative and up-to-date information on building materials and construction methods. The text provides detailed coverage of all aspects of light frame construction, including site preparation and layout; foundations; framing; sheathing; roofing; windows and doors; exterior finish; and interior wall, floor, and ceiling finish. Special emphasis is placed on the use of modern tools, materials, and p ...show morerefabricated components in the application of interior trim, and the construction of stairs and cabinetwork. Edition/Copyright: (REV)00
- Uses clear, nontechnical language and detailed illustrations to provide the clearest presentation of any carpentry book on the market.
- Units are arranged in a logical sequence -- similar to the order in which various phases of construction are performed.
- Includes step-by-step procedures, which are set off from the text.
- Separate unit devoted to safety, plus additional safety material printed in red type throughout the text.
- Provides detailed coverage of residential and light commercial construction.
- Math appendix covers skills required for carpentry.
- Chapters include Review Questions to reinforce technical concepts, while Outside Assignments provide hands-on activities and development of important math skills.
Publisher: Goodheart-Wilcox Co.
Year Published: 2000