Summary: Written by two of the field's most respected researchers, the third edition of Modern Industrial Organization provides a unified structure for analyzing theories and empirical evidence about the organization of firms and industries. It goes beyond the traditional structure-conduct-performance framework by using the latest advances in microeconomic theory including transaction cost analysis, game theory, contestability, and information economics. The third edition inc ...show moreludes discussion of recent important applications, policies, and new theories; new and updated examples to illustrate the role of theory in current policy debates; substantial condensation of the text proper, a two-color interior design and two-color figures throughout; and an all-new extensive Companion Web Site.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 00
- In depth modern coverage, including strategic behavior and game theory.
- Definitive analysis of such other key advances in microeconomic theory as transaction cost analysis, contestability, and information theory.
- NEW! Up-to-date applications and discussion of the latest policies and new theories throughout. See, for example, new coverage of network externalities and bundling.
- NEW! Fresh, updated examples and statistics throughout.
- NEW! Substantial condensation of the entire text, including reduction and combination of Chapters 2 and 3 of the previous edition.
- NEW! Two-color figures and interior design, clearer and more attractive than previous editions. Pg. 72
- NEW! Additions to the Instructor's Manual: New problems, and an extended section on "Classroom Experiments for Industrial Organization" by Stanley Reynolds of the University of Arizona.
- NEW! Carlton/Perloff Companion Web Site for instructors and students, featuring an extended treatment of topics covered in the Carlton/Perloff text, Stanley Reynold's "Classroom Experiments for Industrial Organization" , links to other Web Sites of interest, a message board, a chat room, and more!
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc.
Year Published: 2000