This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Combining a concise writing style with real-world applications, this innovative text takes a new approach to the money and banking course. Money and Banking examines the role the banking system plays in individual financial activities and considers the monetary policymaking that shapes the world's financial system. A highly respected teacher--and a leading expert on macroeconomic forecasting, with several years of experience at the Federal level--Croushore makes the ...show morepersonal and the public relevant and interesting to students.Edition/Copyright: 07
The text's shorter, more focused approach addresses the modern framework of today's financial system, in which both financial markets and banks play important roles. Designed to appeal to a range of learners, the pedagogical features include over 130 figures and 20 full-color photos and cartoons. The ancillary program, written entirely by the author, provides a well-integrated set of learning tools and teaching resources.
- The text's focus on policy issues and data appeals to students who want to see how theories about money and financial markets play out in the real world--both in their own financial activities and on a larger, societal scale.
- As a former macroeconomics expert with the Philadelphia Federal Reserve, Croushore brings an insider's perspective to the material, helping students understand the real-world complexities of economic policy.
- Carefully selected and tested by the author, the end-of-chapter problems include review, numerical, and analytical exercises.
- Data Bank boxed features explore how data collection affects real-world businesses, institutions, and investors; Policy Insider boxes highlight the author's experience with policy decision at the Federal level.
- Application to Everyday Life sections feature interesting examples to help students connect concepts in the text to their personal experiences, while chapter-ending Policy Issues focus on key policy decisions relevant to the reading.
- Key equations, key terms, marginal glossaries, and section summaries allow students to quickly and efficiently review important information in each chapter.
- The Eduspace online learning tool pairs the widely recognized resources of Blackboard with quality, text-specific content from Houghton Mifflin. Auto-graded homework based on end-of-chapter exercises, MP3 files of chapter summaries, and math review tutorials all come ready-to-use. Additional course management materials PowerPoint slides and Instructor's Resource Manual.
- MP3 audio files include chapter summaries to help students prepare students for quizzes and exams. These files are available at the Online Study Center and on the Eduspace site and Blackboard/WebCT course cartridges.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt