Summary: Mosby's Canadian Textbook for the Support Worker prepares students to function in the role of support worker in community and institutional settings. Canada's best-selling text in the field, the book features 48 chapters covering the broad foundation of skills that support workers need in order to perform their role safely and effectively. Comprehensive, yet easy to read, Mosby's Canadian Textbook for the Support Worker makes learning easy with clear explanations of concepts and step ...show more-by-step presentations of procedures. Numerous full-colour illustrations, photographs, charts, and tables are combined with numerous real-life case studies and examples to provide the reader with an outstanding learning experience.
* A comprehensive, yet easy-to-read approach provides complete coverage of all skills needed in a single resource.
* Includes 48 chapters covering the full range of the support worker curriculum, as well as appendices and an accompanying website with additional reference and learning aids.
* A student-friendly approach presents complex material in a manageable and compelling manner.
* A large variety of outstanding pedagogical aids - including boxes, tables, photos, illustrations, figures, and objectives - enhance learning and understanding.
* Eleven different types of boxed material highlight and emphasize real-life practice and procedures, provide insight into specific issues and enhance student learning.
* Outstanding Canadian coverage includes a strong emphasis on understanding the role of the support worker within the health care team in Canada, typical health care settings, rules of delegation, scope of practice, and the skills and procedures performed by support workers.
* Case studies, numerous examples, ''Supporting'' boxes, and ''Day in the Life'' boxes introduce students to typical real-life scenarios in which they may find themselves.
* A fre ...show less