Summary: Written by vet techs for vet techs, this comprehensive review tool offers coverage of basic science, clinical science, diagnostics, applications, and professional areas. It concisely presents a review of the curriculum, starting at the basics learned first and progressing to the advanced concepts learned at the end. A true review format, this book features tools such as chapter outlines, learning outcomes, a glossary, and multiple-choice questions to aid readers' com ...show moreprehension of material. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 08
- Concisely covers all areas of veterinary technology, including basic and clinical sciences, applications, patient management, nursing, nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, and professional practices and issues.
- Written in an easy-to-use outline format with numerous tables to summarize information.
- Includes coverage of large animals, birds, reptiles, lab animals, cats, and dogs.
- Features chapter outlines, glossaries, learning outcomes, and review questions for material review.
- Content is enhanced, reflecting the expanding responsibilities that today's veterinary technicians encounter in genetics, small animal nursing, veterinary dentistry, zoonoses, emergency first aid, avian and reptile medicine, equine and ruminant surgery, anesthesia, and breeding, reproduction, and neonatal care.
- Features more than 60 new illustrations, including a number of radiographs and cytology slides.
- Includes chapters on cytology and ethics.
- Presents a comprehensive review exam with nearly 300 questions.
- Offers an appendix of resources, including American, Canadian, and International associations, registration of technicians, and internetsites.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.